Most Turkish charters start from the Southwestern port towns of Bodrum, Marmaris, Gocek or Fethiye, although you can also cruise the magnificent Bosphorus near Istanbul, the Black Sea as well.
The Turkish yachting industry has grown and developed enormously over the past 40 years, most notably in the area of Gulet Chartering, also termed Blue Cruises.
Gulets offer a crewed charter experience on classic, but comfortable wooden yachts, with great cuisine, friendly crew and itineraries to please everyone. Chartering in Turkey is not limited to Blue Cruises, however. There are plenty of great charter yachts of all types and sizes - motor, sail and catamaran.
You will find below an itinerary example from the 76ft. Catamaran AKASHA, one of the most luxury sailing Catamarans.
• 14 nautical miles
• About an hour and a half aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• A little more than two hours aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• In the Bay of Fethiye, your charter yacht can anchor in a secluded spot for lunch with beautiful views of the shoreline and surrounding mountains. Spend the after -noon napping, sunbathing, or snorkeling before dinner under the stars
• 0 nautical miles
• Awake with plenty of time to explore Kalkan, where mass tourism has yet to arrive. Me-ander the narrow stone streets amid painted-white stone homes that date to the Greek and Ottoman cultures. Bargain for a handmade rug or wooden backgammon set.
• 11 nautical miles
• About an hour aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• Just shy of two hours aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• Haggle for unique souvenirs in Kas, a small but cosmopolitan town that caters to upscale tourists.
Find handmade clothing, one-of-a-kind rugs, and pillowcases. Stop at the local spice market for fistfuls of Turkish saffron and pistachios.
• 30 nautical miles
• About three hours aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• About five hours aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• Spend the day swimming and snorkeling at anchor, or go ashore for last-minute souvenirs. It’s only a 20-minute drive to the airport for your flight to Istanbul.