The latest fashions are available in waterfront shops, which cater to anyone seeking the perfect look of “yachting casual chic.” If you charter here during the month of May, then you can also enjoy two of yachting’s biggest annual events: the Cannes Film Festival and the Monaco Grand Prix.
This area of the Mediterranean is known for its mild climate, stunning landscape, with each town offering everything from tranquil islands to glamorous destinations including St. Tropez, Monaco, Nice, Antibes and Cannes.
• 35 nautical miles
• Three and a half hours aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• A little less than six hours aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• Marinas in Antibes are home to some of the world’s largest megayachts.Walk down “billionaire’s row” for a look at the newest launches from leading shipyards before setting off for St. Tropez. Meander along the cobblestone streets and see how many famous faces you can count.
• 50 nautical miles
• About five hours aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• About eight hours aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• Take a stroll along La Croisette, which is world-renowned for its beaches, boutiques, and waterfront cafés. Spend an hour or two at the Musée d’Art et d’Histoire de Provence, which show-cases the region’s history inside a converted 18th-century mansion.
• 9 nautical miles
• Just shy of an hour aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• About an hour and a half aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• The Old Town in Nice is a maze of historic, narrow stone roads that lead to everything from a grand opera house to a casino to a farmer’s market that stretches on as far as the eye can see. Street performers do acrobatic tricks and play live music.
• 5 nautical miles
• Half an hour aboard a yacht that cruises at 10 knots
• Just shy of an hour aboard a sailing yacht that cruises at 6 knots
• St.-Jean Cap Ferrat is home to some of the most expensive houses in the world. Walk along the pedestrian paths for overhead views of villas with private beaches. The zoological garden is an inspiration of flora and fauna.